Thursday, December 23, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Latest Data Reveal Rapid Growth Continues for Minority Firms in Minnesota.. MN Latino Business Revenue Grew 250 percent – Second Highest in the Nation
Bruce P. Corrie, PhD Professor of Economics, Concordia University http://ethnictrends.info/MarketResearch.html email@example.com, Tel: 612 321 8263
· Ranked by revenue, minority firms as a group would be the 15th largest in the state with total revenue of $5.8 billion in 2007, larger than St. Jude Medical, Toro and Deluxe Corporation. Asian owned firms would rank the 22nd largest with revenue of $2.4 billion.
· Ranked by employees, minority firms as a group would be the 9th largest employer, bigger than General Mills, Ecolab and Hormel, employing almost 40,000 with an annual payroll of $1.1 billion.
· The number of minority firms grew by 43 percent between 2002-2007 compared to 12 percent for all firms in Minnesota. Black owned firms were the largest number of minority firms followed by Asian owned firms.
· Revenue of minority firms grew by 83 percent between 2002-2007 compared to 30 percent for all firms in Minnesota. Revenue of Latino firms grew by 248 percent during this time period – the second highest growth in the nation. Revenue of Native American firms grew 72 percent.
Minnesota – time for a new vision – ALANA Capital can make Minnesota a Global Competitor. These firms are rebuilding the inner city, expanding the high tech corridors and creating jobs and wealth in Minnesota.
For more details and updated reports please visit - http://ethnictrends.info/MarketResearch.html
(Data is from the Economic Census 2007, preliminary estimates)
Tuesday, December 07, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
- Brace yourself for extra rude treatment from visa officials – they think you are coming to steal the apple pie.
- Wear ear plugs – because you will meet some loud officials especially the ones whose job is to welcome or provide security.
- While in the USA you are innocent before you are proven guilty at the embassy you are guilty before you prove you are innocent.
- Officials will have a hard time believing all you want to do is visit for a while and go back to the place you call home.
- Be prepared to wait long in the cold or heat as officials believe that is how you enter the promised land.
- Don’t ask to use the restroom while you wait in line – they are afraid somehow you will sneak in.
- If you are old or single they think you do not want to go back to your home country.
- Don’t be surprised if the official is not courteous to you as that is not part of their job description and their superiors do not care either. They however expect you to be dressed in your best and to be courteous to them.
- Officials think they are trained psychologists – they can make a judgment call on your credibility in 2 seconds.
- Don’t expect one group of officials from one government agency to agree with another group of officials from a different agency – on the same set of facts.
- Be prepared to lose your legal visa status in the few seconds the officer makes a snap judgment call on your intent.
- Officials think that you cannot uphold the law and at the same time treat people with respect.
- Pray – miracles happen